Underwater Photography for Compact Camera Users
Author: Wiley Nautical
Be inspired to take the underwater photographs you have always dreamed of with your compact camera. New Wiley Nautical publication Underwater Photography for Compact Camera Users is packed with hints and tips for the beginner to more advanced digital camera users.
Written by a leading teaching expert; Maria Munn is a multi award-winning underwater photographer and the first person in the world to design tailor-made, underwater photography courses for all makes of compact cameras.
Maria shares with us some of her tips with us on how we can all achieve cracking underwater shots with your compact camera.
Compact cameras have come a long way in the 10 years or so that I have been using them. Back in 2001 a humble 2 megapixel camera was considered a marvel and now we are seeing newer ones with some 14 megapixels! There really is no excuse to get great shots with whatever make and model of compact camera you have. So here are some tips to share with you to help banish your underwater blues forever.
1. Always get as close to your subject as possible and shoot with the sun behind you (remembering to be careful not to damage any coral, fish life or other divers!)
2. Make sure that you take your camera off Auto to ensure the sharpest underwater shots possible. Try using the underwater mode when you are in shallow depths of 5 metres and above to help replace lost colours.
3. If you are within a foot or so from an inquisitve anemonefish (nemo to us movie lovers!) try using the built-in flash on your camera to give this colourful subject a beautiful burst of colour.
4. Are you passionate about exploring wrecks, caves or maybe dream of an encounter with the world’s largest fish, a whale shark? Then a wide-angle lens is a must to get the best possible results.
5. Finally, always experiment. Once you’ve found a subject you like, be patient. By staying still new subjects emerge, and you will also see new angles to explore with your new found skills.
These are just a few tips to whet your appetite into the addictive world of underwater photography. There really is a whole new world underwater just waiting for you to explore and if this has whetted your appetite then view the exclusive Underwater Photography For Compact Camera Users sampler here…
To find out more about the author Maria Munn, please go to her website:-
Are you a Diver?
You might also be interested in:-